After experimenting with distorting my Chai tea cups, I decided to be more ambitious and work on a larger scale, so that the warped and disfigured shapes within my forms were exaggerated under the extra weight of the clay. I used the wheel again to create a starting point. However this time I started to distort the shape whilst it was still on the wheel, allowing the shape to slump and collapse and then exaggerating these imperfections to create more ambiguous forms.
After I had a form I was happy with I started to experiment with how I could transform this into a functional tea related object. I decided to make a tea pot by adding some additional features whilst it was still wet.